Lavender essential oil is known for its healing and soothing virtues. Its scent is also relaxing and calming. Below are some WAPI? Tips on how to make use of this amazing essential oil.
1. It helps you relax
Lavender essential oil is great anytime you need to relax or wind down. It has calming effects on both your body and mind.
- Place a few drops on a tissue and inhale.
- Rub into the palms of your hands and inhale.
- Add 10 drops into a hot bath and enjoy the moment.
2. It’s good for healthy skin
Lavender’s name actually comes from the Latin word “lavare”, which means “to wash”. Lavender oil has antiseptic properties.
- Dilute several drops (2-4) of lavender oil with a carrier oil of your choice, and apply it to your skin to give it a general uplifting boost.
- If you have dry skin, apply the mixture of lavender oil and carrier oil to that area especially.
- Add a few drops of pure lavender oil to your bath tub and breathe in the beauty!
3. It repels insects and soothes insect bites
- Simply mix a drop of lavender oil with a base oil or some water and apply to an infection or skin irritation to soothe the area.
- Add a few drops to a candle and place on your outdoor patio for a mosquito repellent.
- Mix (5-6) drops of lavender oil with water into a 12 oz. spray bottle and spray onto your skin or clothes just as you would with a mosquito repellent spray.